Brian May has shared surprising photos and a passionate message on-line for his followers. The Queen legend had a traumatic weekend and, clearly nonetheless upset, wrote, “to see this happen in my own home county has been shocking and traumatic.” Major forest fires engulfed the world round his Surrey residence and the star was apprehensive concerning the risk to his residence and studio and all “the fond relics of my life.” He warned “the danger is not over.”
The wildfire erupted on Cobham Common on Friday. Surrey Fire and Rescue Service mentioned the outbreak was reported at 12.30pm and 6 fireplace engines have been dispatched. The smoke was seen for miles and as much as ten hectares have been alight, with the fireplace already beginning to unfold.
Over 100 native residents have been evacuated from their houses. Sunningdale Golf Course was evacuated in the midst of a event.The fireplace unfold to rail tracks and trains between Reading and London have been suspended.
Brian May was at residence on the time and has spoken of his fears, his devastating at seeing the destruction afterwards and his anger on the current cuts to the fireplace service.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE BRIAN MAY’S PICTURES AND MESSAGE
May wrote: “I by no means imagined it might occur right here in leafy, and usually damp, Surrey, England.
“We supported the struggle towards the immense fires in Australia, and watched sadly as fires ravaged California, however to see this occur in my own residence county has been surprising and traumatic.
“These photos present Anne Brummer and I this afternoon, surveying the forest fireplace which remains to be smouldering lower than a mile from my very own home and studio, and the fond relics of my whole life.
“Today we have been in a position to start to thank the wonderful firefighters who risked their lives to comprise this enormous and treacherous wild furnace on the heath land of Sunningdale Golf Course – which really adjoins my property.
“Yesterday, I used to be rescuing as many treasured issues from my home as was practicable, underneath risk of the entire thing going up in flames, however praying that the horror wouldn’t occur. Today my prayers have been answered – the fireplace is underneath management, however the hazard will not be over.
“While this dry heatwave lasts there may be nonetheless a large threat of a flare-up resulting in catastrophe.“