Classic novels cowl a variety of tales, from authors spanning the world over.
Many of those books are launched in particular collections, with restricted version covers so new generations of readers can take pleasure in them.
Whether it’s a female-authored traditional like Sense and Sensibility, or a politically charged romp from the likes of Charles Dickens, many have captured our hearts within the writing and the numerous diversifications which litter our TV and cinema screens.
For literature followers, listed below are 15 questions which can depart quizzers wanting extra.
1) From which novel is that this quote the opening line: “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife”?
2) Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein after an evening writing ghost tales on the residence of which well-known poet? (Bonus: Which different well-known horror novel was written from this night time?)
3) The Bronte sisters’ first publication was a poetry anthology for which they used masculine names, what’s it referred to as?
4) In which city and American state was Mark Twain raised, with the place later offering the setting for Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn?
5) In what 12 months was Edgar Allan Poe’s The Raven first revealed?
6) What is the title of Charles Dickens’ final work, which was solely half accomplished on the time of his dying?
7) How many full-length novels have been written by Jane Austen? (Bonus: What is the title of the finished epistolary novel Austen wrote which she by no means put ahead for publication?)
8) Go Set A Watchman is a novel many consider to be the primary draft of which traditional novel from 1960?
9) What is George Eliot’s actual title?
10) Author of The Scarlett Letter Nathaniel Hawthorn is thought for writing wherein style?
11) What is the title of the primary character in Jane Austen’s unfinished novel, Sanditon?
12) Which of Victor Hugo’s novels was tailored right into a Disney animation in 1996?
13) Which traditional novelist wrote the quick story on which Brad Pitt’s 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was primarily based?
14) Ernest Hemingway wrote 10 novels – what number of have been revealed posthumously?
15) Name the sisters in Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women (Some extent for each reply, of which there are 4.)
8) To Kill a Mockingbird
9) Mary Anne Evans
11) Charlotte Heywood
12) The Hunchback of Notre Dame
13) F Scott Fitzgerald
15) Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy March