However, an upcoming change is happening this month, which can have an effect on when pensioners are paid.
This month, the State Pension is about to be paid earlier for a whole bunch of people who find themselves entitled to the cost.
Usually, State Pension cost falls on any day of the working week, nonetheless, when a pensioner is paid relies on the final two digits of their National Insurance quantity:
- Monday: Last two digits – 00 to 19
- Tuesday: Last two digits – 22 to 39
- Wednesday: Last two digits – 40 to 59
- Thursday: Last two digits – 60 to 79
- Friday: Last two digits – 80 to 99